Something

Google+
Loading
random musings

June 18, 2010

dinner



Last weekend, I fulfilled a promise to myself and toddled off to the local farmers' market.  When I was living in WA this was a weekly habit - it was a good way to get really fresh produce that was also really cheap. Part of the reason was the presence of one or two families that would drive produce in from E. WA - stuff the farms couldn't sell to grocery stores because it was too ripe. Just so we're clear, we're talking about non-organic here.

Here in the midwest, a farmer's market is a whole different ball game. It's really more than an elitist event and produce is 2-3x the price it is in grocery stores. Case in point: beans are 3.99/lb at the market, .99-1.99 at the store. Although there is absolutely.no. comparison in the arena of freshness.

Imagine my surprise when I find gai lan at one of the stands.




yum! dinner for 2 nights

No comments:

Post a Comment