Something

Google+
Loading
random musings

June 12, 2010

lunch

Don't get me wrong. I like my bread.

Also, rice, pasta, noodles, potatoes - basically any carb. But right now, my body doesn't need to be using carbs as its primary fuel source, it needs [read I want it] to use the fat, already hanging out on my tummy and flabby arms and thighs.

So bread, for now at least, is not on the menu.

Today's lunch? tuna salad, in a bowl.



And lest you think that this is boring plain ordinary tuna salad, here's the recipe



1 can tuna, drained (packed in water)
1 TBSP light mayo
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp sriracha
salt and pepper, to taste

That little red blob - not ketchup. And for those of you who are heat-adverse, no worries. The sriracha adds just an idea of heat at the finish of the bite.



And at ~150 cal, this would be a good snack as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment