Something

Google+
Loading
random musings

October 18, 2011

Pumpkin sherbet - recipe review


As alluded to in this post, I have made pumpkin sorbet.





Do you know that I am obsessed with all flavors pumpkin? Pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin spice lattes (not starbucks, my local barista has a better source), pumpkin blizzards, pumpkin pie, pumpkin baked goods....

This recipe for pumpkin sherbet tastes just like pumpkin pie with the texture I imagine that store ice cream (dryers/edys) would have without xantham gum.

Next time (and there will be a next time) I will take a more pumpkin pie approach by cooking the puree with brown sugar and spices before adding the dairy.

See the original recipe at Skinny Taste


Update 10/21/2011 - apparently IE can't handle a pic without specific instructions for height and width. grrr. now fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment