Something

Google+
Loading
random musings

January 21, 2012

30 while 30

My birthday is next week! I'll be thirty. egads - I remember thinking that 25 was old. And while I certainly don't feel old, I do feel that at 30 I can no longer position myself as the young sprout. That deserves some sort of commemoration, right? As part of the transition to adulthood I'm implementing a 30-while-30 plan, inspired by Jen

Health and Happiness
  1. Exercise 3x/week regularly
  2. Run a 5K
  3. Blog regularly; increase to 3x/week
  4. Lose 30#
  5. Learn to use my dSLR
  6. Do two social activities a week
  7. Visit another country
  8. Make 2 quilts
  9. Talk to Mom daily
  10. Go to a concert
Academic
  1. Go to 2 conferences each in Summer and Fall semesters
  2. Write 3 papers for Journal (not conference) submission
  3. Pass prelims!
  4. Present 2x to the working group
  5. Go to one dept networking event monthly 
  6. Work on thesis daily
  7. Create an academic web presence
  8. Write a program that calls C code from within R
  9. Apply for graduation (gulp!)
  10. Push a package to CRAN
House
  1. Paint Kitchen cabs and reconfigure dw area
  2. build headboards for the beds upstairs
  3. build a kitchen banquette
  4. install new flooring
  5. refinish stairs
  6. finalize a basement design
  7. do something about the interior doors (replace or add molding and paint)
  8. install trim for formal dining area
  9. epoxy coat garage floor
  10. plant a garden

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! These are wonderful goals for the year - even completing some of them will make it a bumper year for you! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to-do lists like this! Looks like you've struck a really good balance when it comes to tasks for your personal, home and academic life. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I'm turning 33 this summer, and I guess all that is on my list is having this baby....yikes!

    ReplyDelete