Something

Google+
Loading
random musings

March 23, 2012

recipe review: salmon patties

Not to sound all whiny, but I think the hardest part of dieting is learning that what "normal" portion sizes are. Specifically that normal is different for different people, and I live with someone whose healthy intake is 1.5 times what my healthy intake is. Pretty much this means that unless I'm super-active, I really have to limit the amount of carbs I eat to make sure I get adequate nutrition without overeating. So when I saw this recipe for salmon burgers, it was like a lightbulb - T and I can eat the same thing for dinner, he just gets to eat the buns too.

The verdict:

dill sauce - yum.yum.yum! We liked it so much this will now be our replacement for tartar sauce. Seriously it is that good.


1/4 c plain yogurt
1 tsp dried dill weed (or 1 TBSP minced fresh dill)
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp fresh lemon juice

salmon patties - I used frozen (since it was to be all chopped up anyways), and the mixture came out dry, so then I added an egg for binder


But really the garlic was just too much for the mild flavor of fish =/ So I would not recommend this recipe as-is.


However, I generally do like salmon burgers so next time I'll try this one

No comments:

Post a Comment