Something

Google+
Loading
random musings

May 18, 2012

Pure genius.

The following photo was recently posted at cakespy. I think it's a picture of a page from one of the  williams-sonoma cookbooks, modified slightly. 



This is genius. I may be guilty of talking to my food in *exactly* this tone. Actually, I may be guilty of talking to lots of inanimate objects over the years in this tone.

Okay, so it's pretty tongue in cheek. Demanding, self-centered, flippant, objectifying, greedy ... if I heard this tone used with respect to another human being, a little bit of me would cringe.

But then I think, for the instant that this sentence holds, the speaker knows what that want and demands it. None of this wishy-washy-make-everyone-feel-as-if-everything-is-unicorns-and-rainbows-when-they-messed-up-on-their-job-but-of-course-we-can't-actually-eliminate-the-extra-work-so-we-act-like-they're-perfect-gods. No apologies for having a goal and letting those involved know exactly what their part is.

Heck, knowing what the goal is for more than 30 seconds at a time....

This is brilliant

No comments:

Post a Comment