Something

Google+
Loading
random musings

May 12, 2012

Sorta Organized - fabric boxes

I've been swooning over fabric boxes lately. Partly because they offer the illusion of organization (while looking cute) and partly because other box/bin storage is so danged expensive. After making the curtains for the upstairs guest bedroom, I had some decor-weight fabric left over and decided to give it a whirl.



There are many excellent tutorials for fabric boxes available online (just not the AT one, for reasons listed in their comments section). I followed one posted by The Sometimes Crafter, which seemed the simplest since I skipped the interfacing. As a result, my boxes aren't as rigid, but they are perfectly adequate for holding the bits and pieces associated with my various sewing projects.

It took about an hour to make two, and as you can see, they hold quite a bit. Knitting supplies on the left, sewing on the right.





1 comment:

  1. First of all - I love the new design of Random Musings, it looks great! Secondly, your fabric boxes came out so nice. It's funny, I've used exactly the same fabrics sewing pot holders, it's such a nice one! Take care!

    ReplyDelete