So we're in the process of rehabbing the kitchen, slowly. Directly to the left of my (gas) range is where the original wall oven unit used to be. I know there used to be a wall unit because my neighbor has the same kitchen and his is still functional. Some previous owner replaced the oven/cooktop with a range. The oven space was converted to countertop, which I suspect is a huge improvement in functionality compared to the original
(no counters directly adjacent to the cooktop - what were the builders thinking?). Whomever did the upgrade was pretty sloppy - none of the cuts were straight... and there was a chunk missing just to the left of the range hood (
which we are in the process of replacing). See?
If I used wood filler alone, the suff would fall back into the hole. What I needed was a way to provide support for the filler....
After filling and sanding (and a little painting). Obviously it needs more work, but a step in the right direction!
No comments:
Post a Comment